Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Zoë is HERE!!!!

Zoë Carroll Haynes is here!!! She was born on October 2, 2010 at 11:50 AM. She weighed 7lbs 11 oz and was 51.44 cm long. She is an absolutely thrill to have, a very calm content baby (for the most part). We have loved every minute of having her.

I went to the hospital on Friday after she had not moved all morning. Ultrasound revealed that I might have low amniotic fluid, so they admitted me for observation. They started my on pitocin to try and get things started, then contractions got too close together without a change in dilation so they stopped it. Finally started having natural contractions and dilating very slowly. My water finally broke at 1:40 AM. They started the penicillin (for Group B stress; I was +) and then restarted the pitocin at 3 AM. About 4 AM, the contractions were so bad that I got an epidural. That was the best idea EVER!!! Then finally about 11:30 AM it was time to push. 8 contractions later Zoë was HERE!! It was such an amazing experience.

Pictures to follow!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! She is beautiful and you look great! I'm glad to hear things went well. Welcome to parenthood :)

    ReplyDelete